The SeamPay Community Forum is a place to discuss all things SeamPay, share positive saver story experiences and discuss new features and products.
We appreciate it when users take the time to flag bugs within the Forum, but for specific help on your account would recommend you try Live Chat first.
Our main wish for the community is for it to be a productive space, we’re constantly looking for ways to improve the app and make it as user friendly as possible - and this means we’re keen to hear all constructive feedback and ideas that we can look into implementing.
Often unproductive and negative comments can cause a spiral on threads that can overwhelm the tangible ideas, so we ask for you to always consider whether your comments are respectful and productive before posting!
All SeamPay users should feel welcome and encouraged to share their opinions. But it should also be a place where everyone feels safe and supported, so we thought we’d put together a few guidelines and rules.
We’re inclusive here 💪🏾
First things first, we really want everyone to feel included in our community. We want to ensure that no one feels judged on their :
- Gender, gender identity, or gender expression
- Sexual orientation
- Disability or medical condition
- Physical appearance (including but not limited to body size)
A note on politics: Political discussions are not banned, but we don’t tolerate using our forum as a personal platform to air political opinions. As always, our moderators have the final say on this, so please stay aware!
Our Shared Values 🤛🏾
You agree that:
- We are collectively and individually committed to safety and inclusivity.
- We have zero tolerance for abuse, harassment, or discrimination.
- We respect people’s boundaries and identities.
- We refrain from using language that can be considered oppressive (systemically or otherwise), eg. sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, classist, etc. - this includes (but is not limited to) various slurs.
- We avoid using offensive topics as a form of humour.
- We do not suggest or speculate on ways of breaking the law, or the security measures of SeamPay and other fintech apps.
We actively work towards:
- Being a safe community.
- Cultivating a network of support and encouragement for each other.
- Encouraging responsible and varied forms of expression.
- Stalking or publishing private information (‘doxxing)
- Threats of harm or harassment.
- Anything that compromises people’s safety.
Let’s talk Etiquette 🧐
- Ad hominem attacks (criticising a poster personally, not their post).
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
- Replying in a confrontational manner when we see a post we think needs attention (use the flag feature to report it instead).
- Deliberately derailing threads, or other forms of trolling.
- Posting low-value content that doesn’t add to the discussion.
- Repeatedly making the same arguments, instead of moving on. We’ll lock threads that end up going in circles.
- Creating multiple accounts (aka ‘sockpuppets’).
We’re polite and respectful:
- Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
- Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
- Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
It’s best to avoid even the appearance of any of these things. If you’re unsure, ask yourself how you would feel if your post was shown to your boss, family, or friends. When in doubt, avoid it .
When we’re called out, we:
- Listen without interruption.
- Believe what the person is saying & do not attempt to disqualify what they have to say.
- Ask for tips and help toward avoiding reoffending in the future.
- Apologise and ask forgiveness.
If the above is ever unclear, final decisions are at the discretion of the moderation team (with staff having the ultimate say) .
They will use their best judgement to determine what is in the best interest of maintaining an inclusive community. Just because something is not explicitly prohibited in this document, that doesn’t make it automatically ok .
So please respect what they decide, and avoid nit-picking the rules if you disagree.
Consequences for breaking the rules 🗣
We take a strong stance on enforcing our community guidelines. In severe cases, such as posting content that we have zero tolerance on, we will immediately ban and remove the user from our community.
For other violations, we’ll follow these steps -
First offence: we’ll send you a warning. We’ll be in touch to let you know what you did, and we’ll point out which part of the Code of Conduct you’re breaking.
Second offence: we’ll take an action. This can be a short-term suspension (for repeated misbehaviour), a long-term suspension (for repeated misbehaviour on a large scale, or a significant incident), or outright removal from the Community forum (for extremely serious situations).
For future offences, if - following a suspension - you return and are still disruptive, we’ll fully remove you from the community.
Alerting us 🙋
If you see a community post which breaches these guidelines, please flag it to make one of the team aware.
Posts that are flagged by several members of the community are automatically hidden until the author or a member of the team has reviewed it.
If you experience abuse, harassment, discrimination, or feel unsafe, please let a moderator know as soon as possible, by flagging it via DM.